Sunday, October 24, 2010

Production!

On the needles: 9/16 square of log cabin blanket


So, I have been busy knitting and taking orders for knitting for the past few days! What I now have on my plate are:
- A scarf (in trade for a backpack, which I think is a pretty good deal)
- Two blankets (one for a little one and one for a toddler)
- Another bearded balaclava (more about this one below)
- Log cabin blanket (which is 9/16) finished. Almost. haha


The bearded balaclava that is now bringing in the orders is this one:
 I'm going to have to refine if a bit more, but I based it off of a generic balaclava formula, and then added the beard in. It turned out better than I expected, although too large in the neck, so I need to figure out a way to fix that next time. This time I put a corset up the back to pull it in, which has worked well for me before on a stocking cap that I had knitted.


Also just finished and given away was this short row pinwheel blanket:
I knit this last year when I was in Japan, and I really like how it turned out. It's 39" across. I gave it to a friend that has just had a little one. I love giving blankets as presents, because they're practical and should last well (hopefully). 

The other things on the list are all commissions, except for the big log cabin blanket. That's going to be a Christmas present for my boyfriend. I hope it turns out well! I'm over halfway finished, so I'll get some WIP pictures taken here and post them to see how it's all going to fit together. ^^

Now back to the knitting! 

No comments:

Post a Comment