Thursday, August 25, 2011

Four Months Until Christmas~!

On the Needles: Newborn Hat

That's right folks! Four months until Christmas, which is unbelievable.

I'm really excited about this Christmas, since my boyfriend and I will be able to decorate the apartment, and have a tree!

With those thoughts in mind, I also turn towards what I'm going to make or buy for gifts. Last year, I made a Queen-sized blanket for my boyfriend and a pair of mittens for his sister (who I drew for a name in the present exchange).

However, with my new perspective on Etsy, I think that a few of my gifts may well be purchased off of there, too. What could be better than being able to shop handmade goods online? And I may not have made it, but somebody somewhere has. A lot better than having to fight crowds at the mall, and most of the items on Etsy are unique and one of a kind in some way. Hey, including mine!

Anyway, even if you don't celebrate Christmas, the other holidays are around then, and they are all fast approaching! It's unbelievable that there is really only four months and few days left in 2011, even.

So those are my ruminations for today.

By the way, there will be a couple new postings, hopefully by the end of this weekend, for mittens! Ridiculously cute little kid mittens at that! Keep your eyes peeled.

Katie =^..^=

No comments:

Post a Comment