Friday, November 4, 2011

Flynn Rider Vest

On the Needles: Advent Calendar
In Design: Scarves

That's right, folks! I made a Flynn Rider vest for Halloween (including under shirt) for my boyfriend~! Here's a picture of us two:


I also made the braid, but the dress is from my grad. :) 

And, of course, I had to almost beat him over the head with my frying pan! 


I am very happy with how this turned out.

Now, what's happening next? Well, I've got more Christmas ornaments to picture, and then I have lots of hair accessories made and just calling my name for me to take pictures, which I'm hoping to do this afternoon! :)

It's started snowing here, which sucks, because now it's cold an there's ice. But at least it isn't a bad as out East...And it gives me an excuse to curl up inside with a blanket and hot chocolate and read without feeling guilty! 

Over two months through the semester, and there's a reading break next week, which I'm really excited for, because it means that I can go home and see my cat and parents and soak in the hot springs! (Whoot!) Well, and work on conference proposals for the 15th...And doing readings. And edit my honours paper for a WIP talk, and get a proposal together for a paper, and...Yeah, my school work doesn't end this semester. And it won't even over Christmas break. Although I will be able to sleep in at that point! And go see "Beauty and the Beast" as the Jubilee Auditorium! (So excited for that!)

I am in the midst of a book for my honours paper right now, but it's taking me forever to read, since it's something I've taking intensive notes from. And, for my children's literature class, right now we're reading Nation by Terry Pratchett! And finally! Someone spoke up in class about the whole "traditional female roles" and said that she felt like they were being devalued all the time. And it wasn't just when women took on those roles, but men, too. Any of the nurturing roles in either sex. I was so glad that someone finally spoke up (and that it wasn't me, because the other girl was much more articulate. If you don't believe me, read the previous blog post where I ranted.)

One good thing about November is that in about a month, we can go get a tree and set it up! I can't wait for it. hehe

All right, it's almost class time, and I need to do some more reading. But have a good day, take care on the roads wherever you are, and keep an eye on the Etsy shop to see new items posted soon! :)

Katie =^..^=

No comments:

Post a Comment