Thursday, February 21, 2013

Mittens, Mittens, Mittens

WiP: Felted Mittens

Random Act of Cuteness:Best Six Minutes of Your Day


Sounds like a familiar theme, right? I've knit a lot of mittens in the lifetime of this blog...And I know that I will continue to knit mittens a lot over my lifetime.

It seems that I may just have a relationship with mittens the way that some knitters seem to have a relationship with socks: they are my go-to project.

Need a gift? Mittens! Because who doesn't need mittens in Calgary weather?
Need something plain to work on because I just ripped out 23 rows of lace that was knitted with 2-ply lace? Mittens!
Need car knitting? Mittens!
Need something that will give me a sense of accomplishment? Mittens!

I don't always knit plain mittens, either. I made thrummed mittens for Dallas's mom for Christmas, and I've made two-colour stranded mittens for his sister, but when it comes right down to it...I mostly knit plain mittens just so I have something to do with my hands.

So that's what I'm doing right now. Mittens. See point #2 up there about why I would need mittens? Yeah, that's right. The shawl got ripped out at the 23rd row mark because I kept messing up the increase/decrease sections of the lace. (How do I do that within 23 rows...? Don't know. I'll tackle it again after these mittens.)

After these mittens? I might venture out into a scarf.

Or the baby knits I'm supposed to be working on!

Have a lovely day, my dears.

Katie =^..^=

No comments:

Post a Comment