Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Sleeves!!

WiP: Sweater
Needs Felting: Stockings

That's right! I'm about 1/2 way through the first sleeve. Yay! I had some problem making the pick up of the underarm stitches look good, even when I picked up more to tighten up the holes, but it looks all right. I hope the second sleeve looks better.

After this? I'm going to work on my shawl (finally), and then on to Heather Fettig's Calligraphy Cardigan, which I'm going to knit in Berroco Vintage DK, in I think the "Cerulean" colourway. I'll confirm those details when I start!

Otherwise, need to start knitting on the super-secret project, and a couple of other commission-like things. Like, baby pants. Super cute baby pants, from Nikki Van de Car's What to Knit When You're Expecting. This book provides a lot of really good patterns for baby knits, so I'm excited!

Can I just say that it feels like I should be starting my stockpile so that I can dress my own babies in something knit hopefully close to everyday? The biggest culprit that made me think of this (besides Nikki's super awesome book) was the kit that you can now get from Eat. Sleep. Knit.: Dream in Color's Tulip Cardigan for babies kit.

I saw these recently on the Yarn Harlot's blog (since I'm going through the archives), and I think that this is something I should be knitting for bundling baby home. hehe (I also just noticed that these kits have enough yarn for either a 6-9 month or 12-18 month old sweater!!)

We'll see what I feel like then, but I think I need to start something so that I have a stockpile. Kind of like the linens thing that brides used to do. (Which is my shawl, but I'm just lucky that I have time to do that!)

Anyway. That's what my days have looked like. Been busy at work, busy at home.

Dallas is taking me out for dinner the night before Valentine's, since he'll be heading out the afternoon of the 14th, and so I'm excited about that. I'll let you know how it goes. :)

I can't wait for Alberta's Family Day this Monday! Long weekend, ahoy! I also get to take a sushi-making class with my future sister-in-law~!

Other than that, I'm going to hunker down, watch some Disney movies, and knit.

Have a lovely evening, my dears!

Katie =^..^=

No comments:

Post a Comment