Thursday, April 18, 2013

Should Be Following the YarnHarlot's Advice...

WiP: Marion
FOs: None

Reading: A Very Dangerous Method by John Kerr & A Tale for the Time Being by Ruth Ozeki

So, the YarnHarlot's (Stephanie Pearl McPhee) advice, which came from of friend of hers, is that you shouldn't ever knit anything during the last winter months that look like the last winter months. I.e., knit spring colours, not the endless fields of black stockinette that I'm in right now!

I'm not complaining about the pattern. It's well written, super simple, and I'm going to love the end product. But it's hard going right now. I've got about 20 more rows on the body and then I'm done that part and just need to do the sleeves. So I'm trucking along, which is awesome.

But I'm still stuck in the fields of black stockinette, broken up by the cables on either end that will become the button band.

Anyway.  That's my update. The 6" of snow we got this past weekend is slowly melting. Plans had to drastically change this coming weekend because of events beyond my circumstances.

Three weeks until my brother's wedding (which is what I need this cardigan for...).

It's a whirlwind. I'm just trying to stay caught up.I'm missing going to the gym, but seem to need all my energy for work and normal house things. Sleep has been hard. Maybe this weekend I'll get a bit better caught up!

Have a lovely day, my dears.

Katie =^..^=

No comments:

Post a Comment