Tuesday, May 28, 2013

We Were On an Adventure!

WiP: Dallas's cardigan
FOs: None

That's right! We drove out to Marble Canyon in Kootenay National Park, and then went down and explored Banff's Cave & Basin, the birthplace to the Canadian National Park System!





We also visited Jacques Cartier Clothiers, which is the shop that carries Quiviut. I have 1 skein at home, and I needed a pattern, so I found it's destiny in a Wavy Lace Scarf. I'll keep you updated as I go on that.

Otherwise...Dallas's cardigan went into  a time out yesterday, although it rode along with us. I messed up the shaping for the fronts, since I followed the directions to a T...And had to pick out all the shaping from the arm hole up on both fronts (I'm knitting them two-at-a-time so that they match). So I lost all of my work from Saturday morning. I was soooo peeved.

But, I got it more or less back to the same spot on Saturday (at least I used up the same amount of yarn, so that's a good sign), and now I'm ready to finish the fronts and move onto the sleeves. I hope.

Other than that, a quiet weekend. I think we're going to go Star Trek tonight, which I'm super excited for.

And I'll actually have a crane update tomorrow!

So, the knitting agenda as it stands now:

Dallas's cardigan
Cast-on shawl
Cast on Hanna Fettig's Calligraphy Cardigan
Cast on SSP
Cast on a pair of mittens to felt
Put cuffs on other mittens to felt
Make more felted bags for Etsy update in August.

...

There's a lot of work to do, and very little time, so I will leave you here!



Have a lovely evening, my dears!

Katie =^..^=

No comments:

Post a Comment