Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Long Weekend Aftermath

On the needles: 12/16 mittens for the weekend of July 22-24.


So, what with the long weekend, I had big plans to knit a lot.


Didn't happen. But oh well. I got to visit with my mom and my cat and do some awesome short hikes out in Kootenay and Banff National Parks(yay for nature)! And my boyfriend and I saw fireworks on June 30/July 1st, which were amazing as usual. The echo through the mountains makes it absolutely incredible.


Besides that, not much. The weather has greatly improved, and I only have a few more rows on the 12th mitten, which means I can start on lucky # 13 tonight!


With these mittens being so close to being finished, I am getting the Etsy shop rolling. I'm commissioning a friend to design me a logo, which will be appearing everywhere soon. I'm excited to see how it turns out! Then I'll just have to make up some stock and voila! Etsy shop started.


And who knows what I might do after that? Maybe I'll even be brave enough to start some Japanese inspired patterns (seeing as how I was in Japan for nine months...). The only problem with the book I have is that it's crochet...And it's in Japanese. We'll see how this works out! This Friday is the start of the Calgary Stampede! Yahoo! Chuckwagon races will be starting up, and then once the Stampede is over, the summer will be done, as my grandma always used to say. July and August always go faster after the Stampede. It's strange.


How was everyone else's long weekend? Did you finish a project with your days off?


Take care!


Kit-Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment