Sunday, July 17, 2011

The Mitten Knittin' is Done! (For Now)

On the needles: Corset style legwarmers


That's right, folks! You heard it right here. I've finished the mittens! And they're even washed. And even more amazingly, I finished them almost a whole week before they're needed! This is truly a great accomplishment (especially considering that I finished my boyfriend's Christmas blanket the night before I left. haha)!


Now, I do have one more order (the bearded balaclava), but I'm going to take at least a couple days off of knitting in the round and do some quick, flat, and fun legwarmers for Etsy (hey, I've got to start getting stock together now). Then I'll knit the balaclava. This should all be done within the next 10-14 days, at latest. And then it'll be some coffee cozies.


And then I plan to learn intarsia and also start the Berroco Bright Star...At some point.


The intarsia is all for my scheme of entering the creative contest at the Calgary Stampede next year. Best of all, it's the centennial next year! I got a chance to check it out this year, and there weren't too many entries, which is actually a shame. There were lots under the art category, and quite a few under the cake category, including an awesome Harry Potter one!


This weekend was really good, and really rejuvenating; I got to see the final Harry Potter, which I thought was amazing. Kudos to the team that has put together this amazing decade of films! From cast to crew, this was a task of epic proportions, and I think that they did an exceptional job.


And then I got offered a ticket to the Calgary Stampede Rangleand Derby (the Chuckwagon show), so there was no way that I could turn that down. So I got to spend the day at the grounds, went to the rodeo, checked out the art exhibits, and then got to watch the night of the semi-finals! It was awesome, especially since I hadn't been planning on going to the grounds.


Although it would have been good to have my boy with me. Hopefully next year!


Now, I'm going to go scheme out these legwarmers and start thinking about my entries for next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment