Tuesday, April 16, 2013

The Intrepid Adventurer: Mike Sheep Makes a Reappearance

I'm sending my thoughts and love to everyone in Boston that was involved in the explosions. I cannot say elegantly what I know in my heart, so I will leave it there...I'm also sending love and healing thoughts to the families who have lost their loved ones in the earthquake; and also everyone else who is suffering loss or hunger or strife in our world.

And now, I will let you continue on to something with a ligher theme!

WiP: Marion by Andi Satterlund
In-Progress, but on hold: Itty Bitty Baby Cardigan
FOs: none

Reading: A Most Dangerous Method by John Kerr

Still dazzled by his previous experiences in the Canadian Rockies, recovering from being called a "Shrome" by Navene in WDW, AND still coming off of his delight with the experiences that he had in Japan and Singapore, Mike Sheep made an adventure out this week to the Calgary Stampede's Aggie Days.

This event was crowded with families, mostly those families with small children, so although Mike Sheep was fine, the one who was carrying him - me - was looked at suspiciously.
combine, Mike Sheep, Bighorn Sheep, sheep, farming equipment, massiveIndonesia batik, Mike Sheep, big horn sheep, sheep, travelling gnome, intrepid adventurer


Mike loved the combine, though!

Yann Martel, Life of Pi, finished bookRoyal Japan ball winder, wool winder, wool, newHence, after I was able to convince Mike that we no longer needed to stay at Aggie Days, we traipsed to The Loop in Kensington, where I was able to finally procure a decent Royal ball winder! Thus began a weekend where I read to my heart's content (Finally finished Yann Martel's Life of Pi) and worked on the Marion cardigan, which so far has been a delightful and quick knit. Although I think that the next thing I knit needs to have bright spring colours in it! Marion, Cardigan, Andi Satterlund, black cardigan, woman's cardigan, knitting, women's knitting

This seclusion was partially implemented due to that, when I woke up, this was the view out my front window:
epic snow day snow

And our building's landscapers had been there only minutes before! Although most of it has now blown away or melted...It's going to be a messy drive to work tomorrow!

Hope all is well for you! What did you do this weekend?

Katie =^..^=

No comments:

Post a Comment